How to Find Ashbourne Baptist Church
We hang a blue banner on the railings outside the building before each service, so you know you're in the right place.
The Empire Ballroom,
King Edward Street,
(at the entrance to Sainsburys' car park)
Plan your route on
Information was checked Dec 10 2017
- Limited parking on site
If you are early enough you might get a parking space alongside the church building.
- Parking in Sainsbury's Carpark
Free 2 hour parking in the Sainsbury's carpark is monitored by camera. No return within 1 hour.
- Cokayne Avenue carpark is FREE - but is a short (10 minute-ish) walk.
- Council carparks are usually FREE after 2pm during December.
Map of council carparks in Ashbourne
- Motorcyclists should read the following information about
Motorcycle parking in Ashbourne
- Disabled parking -
Blue Badge holders in Ashbourne pay the normal pay and display fee, but are given an extra hour to get to and from their vehicles. Also, Blue Badge holders may park on restricted stretches of the public highway in areas that do not cause obstruction.
- Motorhome Parking in Ashbourne: (information from council website)
Ashbourne council carparks don't have height restrictions, but you must park entirely within the bay (2.4m x 4.8m), or you could be fined. Sleeping overnight or cooking in your motorhome is not allowed - nor is cooking anywhere in a council carpark.
- All-Day Parking Tickets are transferrable: Those bought at Derbyshire Dales long stay car parks can be re-used in any other long stay council car park in the Derbyshire Dales up to 8am the following morning.
- More about council carpark charges
Nearest alternative parking - Council Pay & Display:
- Ashbourne Swimming Pool carpark - just across the road.
- Ashbourne Bus Station carpark - opposite us, on the other side of the Sainsbury's carpark entrance.
- Shawcroft carpark 4 hours maximum stay - just one block away.
- Market Place carpark 2 hours maximun stay - just a short walk away. But check whether it's in use for an event such as the Ashbourne Artisan Market